1. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, "clear gifs", “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
We use your PII and non-personal information for internal purposes, such as to provide you with the Site and services, to notify you of new products or services, and to otherwise communicate with you.
To the extent third parties may place advertising on the Site, such third parties may utilize cookies or other tracking technologies. We are not responsible for information collected by third parties in this manner, nor for the collection or use of information by other sites to which the Site is linked.
By providing PII and other information to this Site, you fully understand and expressly consent to the collection and use of such information and the transfer of such information to other parties, in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, Paypal, other payment method), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
Also, if you contact us, we will collect the information that you provide us, such as your contact information and the contents of your communication with us.
Any information we obtain from you in connection with any mobile service, including SMS services, may include your name, address, mobile phone number, your mobile service provider's name, and the date, time, and content of your messages. In addition to any fee we may charge, your mobile service provider's standard messaging rates apply to our confirmation and all subsequent SMS correspondence. All charges are billed by and payable to your mobile service provider. We will not be liable for any delays in the receipt of any SMS messages, as delivery is subject to effective transmission from your network operator. SMS message services are provided on an AS IS basis. You may opt out of mobile services via email to email@example.com or by sending "STOP", "END", "QUIT" to the SMS text message you have received. However, such opting out will not apply to any communications from our other website offerings you have registered for or from the Network Sites to whom we may have already provided your information.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- For analytics and research purposes;;
- To enforce this Policy, to resolve disputes, and otherwise to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights, and to protect our business interests and the interests and rights of third parties;
- To comply with contractual and legal obligations and requirements;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide personal information; and
- For any other lawful purpose, or other purpose that you consent to.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
3. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your PII with third parties to help us use your PII, as described above. For example, we use ClickFunnels to power our online platform - you can read more about how ClickFunnels uses your PII here: https://signup.clickfunnels.com/privacy-policy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site - you can read more about how Google uses your PII Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We also transmit, disclose, grant access to, make available, and provide PII to third parties, including:
- To service providers, subcontractors, partners, vendors, consultants, and others that help us with any of the purposes noted above or otherwise in this Policy;
- To our affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, and other related companies, all for the purposes noted above or otherwise in this Policy;
- To third parties for third party research, marketing or advertising (including online advertising) purposes;
- To third parties to respond or comply with, in our sole discretion, a court order, subpoena, law enforcement or other government request (with or without notice to you, in our discretion);
- To buyers, successors, or others in connection with a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us may be among the assets transferred;
- To other third parties with your consent or upon your consent; and
- To third parties, in our discretion, to: (i) satisfy any applicable law or regulation, (ii) enforce this Policy, including the investigation of potential violations thereof, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations, or (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of us, the Service, other Service users, or third parties.
We reserve the right to use your PII: (1) as disclosed at the time such information is provided and (2) as disclosed in this Policy.
We do not rent, sell, or otherwise share your PII and non-personal information for any purpose other than those limited purposes described herein. Those limited purposes may include sharing such information with Network Sites and vendors who need the information to process and fulfil customer transactions.
By clicking a submit button or taking other action on the Site to make a purchase and providing personal information on or through the Site, you agree:
- all information you have provided is true and correct to the best of your knowledge;
you are establishing a business relationship with us, the Network Sites, and its other marketing partners; and
4. BEHAVIOURAL ADVERTISING
As described above, we use your PII Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
5. DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
While we want to honor your privacy as described in this Policy, unfortunately we do not monitor for or behave differently if your computer or browser transmits a “do not track” or similar message to us.
6. YOUR RIGHTS
We strive to give you choices about how your personal information is used. These choices include the following:
- Marketing or Newsletter Emails. We may send you marketing or newsletter emails from time to time. If you do not wish to receive them, you can opt-out following the unsubscribe instructions in the emails, or by contacting us at https://www.betterlifeacademy.me. We will work to honor your request within 10 business days. If you opt-out, we will still send you emails for service purposes, such as for responses to your requests or communications about your account.
- Online Advertising. As described above in this Policy, we collect and may permit third parties to collect information using cookies and other technologies. You may be able to “opt out” of some of this information collection by actively managing the settings on your browser or mobile device, but we do not promise that such settings will be effective. Please refer to your browser’s or mobile device’s technical information for information on the settings offered for cookies or other tracking technologies. To learn more about cookies, you may wish to visit https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0042-cookie... and/or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Choice Opt-Out pages at https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0042-cookie... and https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0042-cookie... (for mobile devices).
Please note that unsubscribing from one email list does not automatically unsubscribe you from any other email list that you may be on. Please read the email carefully to find out which list you are unsubscribing from.
You also may opt out of receiving telephone calls from us or Network Sites with whom we have shared your information by requesting to be placed on its company-specific do-not-call list.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, you have the following data protection rights under the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation, effective May 25, 2018:
If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive, or we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information to another service provider. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us at email@example.com.
You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the "unsubscribe" or "opt-out" link in the marketing emails we send you. If you are an unregistered user, or to opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent. However, if you revoke your consent, you will not be able to use any service or feature that requires collection or use of the information we collected or used on the basis of consent.
You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right to keep any information in our archives that we deem necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests as promptly as possible and wait time for response may vary. Occasionally it may take us longer, if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you.
If you are an EU resident and you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
We take what we believe to be commercially reasonable steps to help protect your PII that we collect, but we do not guarantee that personal information will be completely protected. For example, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Any transmission of the PII by you is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service, including the illegal acts of third parties (such as criminal hacking).
7. DATA RETENTION AND INFORMATION CORRECTION
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
If you have provided your email address to sign up for newsletters on the Service, and your email address changes, you can update your email address by contacting us at email@example.com
Not all PII is maintained in a format that you can access or change. If you would like to request access to, or correction or deletion of personal information, you may send your request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review your request, and may require you to provide additional information to identify yourself, but we do not promise that we will be able to satisfy your request. For example, the personal information may already have been relied or acted upon, or disclosed to third parties, and we generally do not take steps (or have the ability to take steps) to undo prior reliance or actions. We also may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement, cause the information to be incorrect, or if doing so would be burdensome in our discretion.
In its sole discretion, we may transfer, sell or assign information collected on and through this Site, including without limitation, PII and other registrant-provided information, to one or more third parties, as a result of the sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization or liquidation of the Site and/ or Network Sites.
9. TEXT MESSAGE MARKETING
Text Marketing and notifications (if applicable): By entering your phone number in the checkout and initializing a purchase, you agree that we may send you text notifications (for your order, including abandoned cart reminders) and text marketing offers. Text marketing messages will not exceed 30 per month. You may opt out of mobile services via email to email@example.com or by sending "STOP", "END", "QUIT" to the SMS text message you have received. Message and data rates may apply.
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state/country or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state/country or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
11. CONTACT US
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below: